Anthony Beckett Curriculum Vitae
- Related items:
Web Development Experience
PHP and MySQL Introduction Level 3 Web Design 2006 - 2007, Keighley College, Cavendish Street, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD21 3DF.
I have several years experience with the Adobe and Macromedia range of authoring and web development software (Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks) and using Adobe Photoshop. I also have several years web development experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and various open source content management systems including Drupal and Wordpress.
Acorn Stairlifts Ltd.
- Internet Marketing / Internet Business Development - Open Source Developer; January 2008 – 2010;
WSI Internet Consulting
- Web Developer: December 2007 – January 2008;
Businets Web Design Ltd
- PHP Coder, May – November 2007;
- Duties include design, development and maintenance of websites using PHP, MySQL, CSS, XHTML, JAVA Script, Object Orientated Programming techniques, database design, content management development and management and web accessibility.
I am interested in information technology and have been for many years. In my capacity as an Analytical Chemist in the Pharmaceutical Industry I have worked directly with various IT systems required to interface with scientific instrumentation. I chose to leave this career in order to pursue my interest in IT and web design. In my employment experience I have been set many challenging assignments on the basis of my analytical approach to problem solving. It is in this area that I have gained the most fulfilment and job satisfaction. Where this has not been possible in my role I have strived to achieve this through a proactive approach to continuous improvement.
Employment History (continued)
- GlaxoSmithKline, Analytical Development Scientist, 2005 - 2006
- Sciantec Analytical Services, Project Scientist, 2004 - 2005 GlaxoSmithKline, Pharmaceutical Development Scientist 2004 - 2004
- Rosemont Pharmaceuticals, Stability Chemist, 2001 - 2004
- GlaxoSmithKline/GlaxoWellcome, Laboratory Analyst, 2000 - 2001
- Boots Contract Manufacturing, Stability Analyst, 1999 - 2000
- AstraZeneca R&D Charnwood / Astra Charnwood, Analytical Chemist 1998 - 1999
- M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry, The University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 3DH, 09/1997 - 09/1998 with a research project based at AstraZeneca R&D Charnwood / Astra Charnwood in Loughborough.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, Loughborough University, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 3TU, 10/1994 - 06/1997
Additional IT Experience
- Office Packages: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Outlook), Open Office.
- Web Design: Adobe/Macromedia Multimedia: Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks versions MX, 8 and CS3, Graphic Design: Macromedia Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In-Design.
Additional Skills & Experience
My leadership experience includes the management of regulatory and technical projects in U.S. Food & Drug Administration and MHRA (UK Medicines and Regulatory Agency) compliant laboratories, I have been responsible for technical training of personnel with a broad cross-section of experience on instrumental and statistical analysis. I have produced polices, operating procedures and work instructions within these Quality Management Systems and I have written various quality documents and technical reports in compliance with various regulatory bodies within the Pharmaceutical Industry.
I have demonstrated excellent organisational skills such as time structuring and management, achieving goals, attention to detail and effective decision making. I have demonstrated excellent cognitive skills such as an ability to identify and solve problems, inductive and deductive reasoning, and an analytical style of working. I have creative skills such as being able to think laterally, formulating hypotheses, a capacity for vision and innovation and being proactive.
I have a high degree of numeracy and have also developed skills such as leading and motivating others, negotiating and persuading people to my point of view. Through independent work and personal interests I have gained experience with media relations, public speaking and giving lectures to large audiences. I have received training in Public Speaking, Public & Media Relations and I have also worked as a camera operator for a documentary film-making team. In addition to developing websites using e-marketing methods, I also produce printed media such as newsletters, flyers and graphics used in advertising using Adobe In-Design and Photoshop (Adobe CS3)
I enjoy the great outdoors and regularly go rock-climbing and mountaineering. I enjoy reading and lecturing on subjects which stem from my interests in Astronomy and Physics. Whilst at University, I taught myself to play the guitar and I have reached a point where others can also enjoy it as well as me.
References References can be supplied upon request.